TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO HARRINGTON’S CHRISTMAS DECORATORS COMPETITION
THE COMPETITION IS ORGANISED BY HARRINGTON & PULLAR LTD (H&P)
1. By submitting an entry into Harrington’s Christmas Decorators competition:
1. you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions of entry (the Terms) which include information on how to enter, how the winners will be determined, the prizes, and how personal data will be collected, retained, used and shared;
2. you expressly agree to be bound by the Terms, including in particular those relating to the collection, retention, use and sharing of personal data; and
2. H&P reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to:
1. amend or vary any of the Terms at any time without prior notice and by entering the Competition you agree to any such amended Terms. If H&P amends or varies any Term relating to the collection, retention, use and/or sharing of personal data that has already been collected, such amendments and/or variations will be posted on the website at www.harringtonschristmas.com; and
2. terminate or disqualify any Participant’s entry for the Competition or reclaim and/ disqualify any Prize(s) (as defined below) at any time if, in the sole opinion of H&P, there has been a breach of any of the Terms by such Participant (whether discovered during or after the end of the Competition).
Entry to the Competition
3. A “Qualifying Entry” means the successful submission of a completed entry in accordance with these Terms by a Participant together with any other information requested. The completion and validity of the particulars of each entry shall be determined at H&P’s sole discretion.
4. A “Participant” means:
1. a person aged 18 or above on their date of entry to the Competition; or
2. a person who lives within the UK.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition. Employees of H&P and their immediate families and any related companies, sponsors and/or advertising agencies may not enter the Competition.
4. One winner will be selected at random once/if 1000 entries are made.
5. The Competition is open for entries from 22nd September 2017 when the competition announcement is posted to Harrington’s The Christmas Decorator’s official Facebook page at and Instagram page until 3rd November 2017 (the Competition Period). Dates are subject to change at the absolute discretion of H&P.
6. Any entry submitted after the close of the Competition Period shall be void.
7. To participate, a Participant must like the post, tag a friend and share the Facebook page or like the post, tag a friend and share the Instagram page. Entries may be made through either Facebook or Instagram. Participants may enter through both platforms if desired.
8. One winner will then be selected by H&P at random.
Announcement of Winners
9. The winner of the Competition (“Winner”) will be notified via private message on Facebook or Instagram by 5th November 2017 and will be required to acknowledge receipt within 1 week of the date that the private message notification is sent. If the Winner fails to acknowledge receipt of such notification within such time, they will not be entitled to claim the Prize. H&P reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner. The Winner must exercise their Prize personally.
10. The Winner shall, if required by H&P:
1. participate in any advertising, promotional and publicity activities relating to or in connection with the Competition; and/or
2. take a photograph with the Prize and post it to the Site.
11. The Winner will receive a fully decorated Christmas tree, up to the size of 7ft (2.1m). The “Christmas tree” (tree, decorations and lights) will be supplied strictly on a loan basis only. The winner is responsible for the loaned “Christmas tree” and any damage may be charged at the replacement cost. The Christmas tree will be installed and removed at a mutually agreeable time between the winner and H&P.
12. The judges’ decisions as to any matter relating to the Competition, including but not limited to any entry eligibility, the winning entry and the Winner, will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered about the Competition or the judges’ decisions.
13. By participating in the Competition, the Participants:
1. agree to the use of their name and/or likeness, without compensation, by H&P and/or any party authorized by H&P; and
2. grant H&P and any party authorized by H&P an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free right and licence to use any material submitted as a part of their entry into the Competition, and any photographs, footage or other material that features or otherwise includes the Winner and the Prize (the Works) in any manner, for any purpose H&P may see fit, in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented;
3. to the fullest extent permitted by law, waive any moral rights or similar rights they may have in the Works or any part thereof throughout the world; and
4. undertake not to object to any use of the Works by H&P or any party authorized by H&P.
14. By entering the Competition, you expressly agree to:
1. any information you provide, whether as a part of your entry or otherwise: (i) being retained by H&P; (ii) being used by H&P, its affiliates and unaffiliated third parties for promotional and/or marketing purposes; and (iii) being provided to such third parties as H&P may see fit, for its promotional, marketing, and authentication and verification purposes;
2. being sent promotional and/or marketing material and/or offers via email, direct mail or telephone from H&P, its affiliates and unaffiliated third parties; and
3. H&P sharing your information with receiving, handling, processing and/or using that information outside the country where you reside or where the information was collected.
15. The Prize is subject to variation at the discretion of H&P, and any change will be final and binding upon every Participant in the Competition.
16. The Prize will be given to the Winner as set out in the Terms. The Winner must accept their Prize in that form. The Prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable, non- refundable and not exchangeable for cash credit or kind, either in part or in full except at the sole and absolute discretion of H&P and is subject to the terms and conditions accompanying it. The Prize cannot be sold or bartered. There is no refund for a partially used Prize. H&P may at its sole and absolute discretion withdraw and/or substitute the Prize with any other item of similar value without notice and without furnishing any reason. The Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as all additional costs that may be incurred in relation to the Prize.
17. All particulars submitted by each Participant shall be made in full and frank disclosure. Any misrepresentation may result in disqualification, forfeiture or withdrawal of any Prize won in H&P’s sole discretion.
18. H&P shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with the Competition, and/or the acceptance and/or use of the Prize, howsoever caused and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by a Participant arising from the Competition or the Prize. H&P makes no warranties, representations or guarantee either expressed or implied regarding any Prize including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
19. In all cases H&P will not be held liable for the Prize if it does not reach the Winner for reasons beyond its control.
20. The Winner may be liable for any expenses not specified on the description of the Prize.
21. Each Participant shall indemnify H&P, its agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claim, losses, costs, damages, liability and expenses arising out of the Participant’s breach of any of the Terms.
22. Each Participant, by entering the Competition, expressly releases H&P from any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with the Competition or the Prize, if any. In particular, each Participant acknowledges that elements of the Prize may be provided by third parties over whom H&P has no control, and acknowledge that H&P accepts no responsibility for any claims, actions or demands arising out of or in connection with such elements of the Prize.
23. H&P shall not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of Participant’s information. This will include but is not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of: any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
24. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to the reasons of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of H&P which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, H&P reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, all without question or need for communication to said party and without H&P being liable to said party in any way.
25. The competition is limited strictly geographically to a 40 mile radius from the H&P Alderley Edge Office.
Retention of Data
1. will not retain the Data longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the Data was provided;
2. will take such steps as are reasonably practical to protect the Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction; and
3. may store and/or transfer the Data outside the country in which you reside or in which the Data was collected.
Use of Data
1. may use the Data for purposes of the Competition. This may include displaying the Data on or through the internet;
2. may use the Data for such promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling, authentication and verification purposes as H&P sees fit, including but not limited to the promotion of H&P’s business, products and services;
3. will provide the Data for gain in monetary terms or other property, to such affiliates and unaffiliated third parties as H&P sees fit (including but not limited to agents, contractors, promoters, service providers, prize suppliers and as required by applicable law);
4. may authorize such affiliates and third parties to use the data for such promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling, authentication and verification purposes as such affiliates and third parties see fit, including but not limited to the promotion of their respective businesses, products and services; and
5. will not use the Data for any purpose other than those specified above.
6. In relation to 2(b) and 2(d) above, you consent to being sent promotional and/or marketing material and/or offers via email, SMS, direct mail, telephone or otherwise from H&P, their affiliates and unaffiliated third parties.
7. You may write in to H&P indicating your objection to the use of the Data for the purposes defined in this policy, failing which, you will be taken not to object to H&P’s use of the Data for such purposes.
Access to Data
28. You may at any time write in to:
1. request access to a copy of your Data;
2. request correction of your Data; and/or
3. withdraw your consent to your Data being used for particular purposes.
29. You must submit any request under (4) or (5) above, or any complaint relating to your data to